About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a momma of 2, I’m southern, a vegetarian, & a student. I’m married to a top-notch guy who serves his country for a living. Ethan is the serious type & Lily is the complete opposite of serious! We are currently living it up in NC! This blog is a little place for me to document our lives.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Currently

Currently:
The hubby and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on 09.30.10. 4 years ago we got married on N. Topsail Beach, NC. We had the only nice weekend for the entire month. Our wedding was sandwiched between 2 hurricanes. We had beautiful weather and great family to spend the day with. I'd like to think it was the party of the year!

A little to much to drink you think?!?

I'm not a big present kind of girl. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice gift but I just am happy to be spending time with my hubby. But he bought me the prettiest flowers! Great job hubby!

Ethan:
He is now 2 years old. He weighs in at 26lbs and is 33.5 in tall. We escaped with no shots at his 2 year visit! Lucky him!! He loves to watch Olivia, Kipper, Thomas the Train and the moive, Cars. He sleeps in a big boy bed and loves to pretend to sleep and snore just like daddy.
He is very funny and loves to laugh. We are still working on the talking, he says more words everyday but still likes to scream to try and get his way. He is pretty ornery and has been spending more and more time in time out. Overall he is a great kid!

Here he is doing another one of his favorite things to do, read.

Lily:
She is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen :) I may be a bit bias. She can sit up when propped up. She can sit for a few minutes. She can roll from back to side. We are still working on the other directions. She hates tummy time. Just discovered her tongue and seems to love to chew on it!
She is VERY loud and demanding when she wants something. She is just starting to get the hang of sleeping in her crib without her bouncer. Some nights are better than others. No she doesn't sleep through the night but neither did Ethan, I just don't breed good sleepers!
We haven't been to the Dr. for her 6 mo check up (military hospitals are backed up, plus I will only see one Dr. The rest are crazy!) But if I had to guess, I'd say she weighs about 13lbs.

Here she is being grumpy while sitting up :)
I also have so military news, My hubby has been accepted back into the USMC on active duty. Long story for another post. But he has been active duty reserve. It's not a good time to be getting into the USMC because of all the cut backs, so for him to be accepted back in is amazing! I am very pleased and proud of him!
We have been told (rumor) that the 3 bases we might get are Camp Pendleton (S. California), Hawaii and Camp Lejeune, NC. This are listed in my order of preference. Why Hawaii is not number 1 you ask? 2 reasons - I have never flown over the ocean and that scares me plus the deployments are frequent with his MOS and I don't want to be 6 hours ahead of everyone I know and I don't want to be alone on that beautiful island! I want to enjoy it as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment