Thursday, January 27, 2011

day 2 - your definition of success

My definition of success...that's a hard one. I feel successful however I doubt I am what the world would see as successful. I have a degree in Theatre Design and Production with a concentration in costume design (woo, that's a mouthful). After college I moved to Richmond, VA and started to work in the accounting department of an advertising agency. I only worked for a bit over a year before we moved to Kansas. In Kansas I had Ethan and became a stay at home mom. I've been doing this mommy business since 2008.

I would like to find a job. I would like to set us up financially to have zero debt (including but not limited to those pesky student loans). I would like to not be stressed about working after Sohel retires from the USMC in 2023. However my kids come first and I need to make sure that they have a stable home and with looming deployments and TAD assignments in FL, one parent needs to be home. So I need to find that perfect job. The one that allows me to be at home at night, allows me to maybe even work at home.

Right now my plan is it to start the teacher licenser program and then get my masters.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Good luck in your endeavors!

    It's only YOUR own definition of success that matters! No one else's. Why? Because it's YOUR life! You've a beautiful family! That's enough in my book.

    ReplyDelete