About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a momma of 2, I’m southern, a vegetarian, & a student. I’m married to a top-notch guy who serves his country for a living. Ethan is the serious type & Lily is the complete opposite of serious! We are currently living it up in NC! This blog is a little place for me to document our lives.

Friday, April 8, 2011

lily's first birthday party

We had family and friends over for Lily's first birthday party this past Saturday. We had a lot of fun and are very grateful for all the family and friends who came. I didn't go to over board with the decorations (at least I don't think so :)). I had a great time with the theme of cookies and milk. I found this party on A. Party Style and used it as my inspiration. I decided on a teal and pink color scheme based on a dress I bought for Lily from Zulily.com. I bought a DIY printable from Dimple Prints on Etsy for the decor. I used my Shilouette machine to make her invitations. Overall I had a great time and I think everyone else did too!

We had a cookout with yummy turkey burgers and of course cookies! Lily seemed to love her cake and had fun watching Ethan open all her presents. He was like a torpedo. Speaking of Ethan, he was obsessed with wearing a party hat. He would yell it at everyone who came in the house, "PARTY HAT!!" Even though we were going to have the party outside (but 25 mph winds had a different plan for us), we moved the party inside and I think it still turned out great.

Now for the pictures (there are lots!)

Invitations















blurry because Ethan was moving fast ripping open her presents







Product list
Plates, forks and cups - Target
Straws - ThePartyFariy
Drink pitchers, table cloth, drink holders - Big Lots
Food plates and bowls - My Fiesta collection
Lily's Dress - Zulily.com
Hair clip - JellaBeeJr
Paper signs and party decor - Dimple Prints
Cake - Made by a local Marine wife, it was so yummy!

I spent about $100 on everything. Now what to do with all the decorations?? Anyone want a Milk and Cookies themed party??

5 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday party. I want you to know that I've enjoyed reading your blog and I want to award you the Stylish Blogger Award. Check out my blog to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great decorations and theme. Sorry we missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! And did I happen to spy some fiesta ware on that table? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes Laura!! I got turquoise plates and bowls for Christmas from my mom :) I'll have to take photos of her Fiesta. It's crazy! You would be in shock!!

    ReplyDelete