Tuesday, July 19, 2011

juice fast


hi all!

Sohel watched a movie on Netflix and called me and told me he was going to start a juice fast. I said, WHAT?!?! So he told me the name of the movie and I watched it and decided I am going to do the same thing! The film is called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, everyone should watch this. Completely changed my outlook on my diet. He was able to get off medication for his autoimmune disease that had been debilitating him for 9 years. He lost 100 lbs by doing a 60 day fast. I've had chronic reflux for years and have been taking daily medication for 5 years and if I miss 1 day of medication I feel really sick. I'm really hoping doing this juice fast will help me get off my medication, change my diet and loss some much needed weight.

I'm going to fast for 10 days (maybe 60 if I think I can do it). I got my fruits and veggies today and picked up my new (to me) juicer off Lejeuneyardesales for a whooping $15! So I'm ready to make a change in my life!

Goals:
Stick with juice (just juice) for 5 days
Drink juice and one healthy meal a day for 5 days
Lose 10lbs (maybe more!!)
Start the 30 Day Shred again and complete more than 1 day (its hard, she almost killed my husband too).

I think all of these goals are well within my reach and I can't wait!

I'm off to make my juice :)



3 comments:

  1. We make fresh juice here. But, we haven't done any fasting. Let me know how the juices with veggies turn out ~ we're curious because Dave and I would like to fit more veggies in on a regular basis - but having the taste of some of the less desirable ones covered up by fruit would be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to try this! I'm going to watch the movie! You know I need SOMETHING to change with my health/life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be blogging how its going!

    Katie - I thought of you RIGHT away when I was watching the movie. I think its worth a try!

    ReplyDelete