About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a momma of 2, I’m southern, a vegetarian, & a student. I’m married to a top-notch guy who serves his country for a living. Ethan is the serious type & Lily is the complete opposite of serious! We are currently living it up in NC! This blog is a little place for me to document our lives.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Rambling

I've been quite around here last week, I've been busy with playdates and preparing my house for the hubby returning. He comes home in 2 weeks and we CANNOT wait. I am so over this, I know this was only a glimpse into a deployment and I know that some ladies have it much worse. But my time will come when I'm doing a year alone (hello 2013).

During my time alone I learned a lot about myself and what I can do alone and what I can't do. I learned who will really be there for me. I tease Sohel all the time saying that I want him to get a medical discharge or not reenlist in 2015 but I don't really wish that, I just say that when both kids have yelled most of the day or I'm tired. I wear my emotions on my sleeve so I sort of blurt things out without really meaning them.

Somedays I don't feel like I'm cut out for this mom thing. Which I guess thats a little to late to really decide this since, well I've got two now. But I definitely don't think I'm meant to be a 24/7 stay at home mom. We have so many plans for our future and well contrary to popular belief the military doesn't pay tons of $$. So me working is really the best idea. I'm hoping to start in January for my teaching licensure in elementary education. I should only have about 1 year of schooling to do since I already have a bachelors degree. I'm leaning between UNCW and ECU either would be great, I love ECU (Go Pirates!!) but UNCW has a program that you can do through the community college here in Jacksonville.

Anyways, this is really rambling on and on. Sorry! I'll be back tomorrow with an update about my goals I wanted to accomplish while Sohel was gone.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting that he'll be home in just a few weeks! (And I get what you mean...I sometimes feel bad wishing for Sammy to be old enough to go to school, but then I'll be able to work again.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you mean.

    I have also been following your story closely since I will be where you are in a couple of months. I have done separations, but this is the first time with kids. I think you did a great job keeping your head above water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I have bad days but more good than bad which is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete