About Me

My photo
Hi! I am a momma of 2, I’m southern, a vegetarian, & a student. I’m married to a top-notch guy who serves his country for a living. Ethan is the serious type & Lily is the complete opposite of serious! We are currently living it up in NC! This blog is a little place for me to document our lives.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Tulle Pom Pom DIY

So I promised months ago that I would share a DIY or two from Lily's Minnie Mouse birthday but life got in the way and I had some rough times with school, family and just life in general.

So here you go!

DIY Tulle Pom Poms


The party was supposed to be outside because we live in the good ol' south and its warm in March. So we bought a bounce house and all sorts of outdoor toys and woke up on Saturday to pouring down rain :(. My plan was to decorate the window in our dining room so it would look nice outside and inside. So I headed to Pinterest  and I found this cute DIY.

I tweeked it a little for my own needs so here is my DIY

SUPPLIES:
2 different colors of tulle -- mine was 6" in width {I bought it at Hobby Lobby, they had 25 yards on a spool for $4.99}
Floral wire {I had green floral on hand but a silver would be nice too}
Wire cutters
3x5 index card
Fabric scissors
clear fishing line {use a thicker fishing line}
-----------------------
Cut tulle into strips, I did strips of 18"
Wrap entire strip around the index card, slide index card out and pinch the tulle together like your making a bow
Cut wire into 4" strips and wrap around the middle of the tulle
Then cut the ends of the tulle and then fluff them out to make a pom

I wanted to string them up so 6 were hanging on one string, so I cut my fishing line and and looped it through the floral wire on the first pom and pushed it all the way to the bottom of the string

I tied a knot and then strung up the next one doing the same steps but I didn't knot it. I squeezed the floral wire tight enough on the fishing line so that it would stay in place but I could still move it a little

I alternated between my fuscia and taffey pink colored poms, doing 3 of each color on the string. I tied a knot at the top and used a push pin to hang from my ceiling. 


{here is the final look}

After the party, I moved them to Lily's room and they are hanging with the tissue paper poms from her first birthday above her {soon to be painted} dress up station. 

I'll be back soon to show you how to make the giant number 2.

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey, Thank you, thank you, for your darling box of goodies! My grandkids and I will have so much fun together playing outside! I am now following your blog and am excited to learn more about you! Thank you, again! Cher

    ReplyDelete